La Bastide de Biot, with website name labastidedebiot.fr (“«La Bastide de Biot ”, “we, us ”, “our”) is a hotel establishment that offers its guests (“you”) a range of hotel services, room rentals, special offers, gift boxes, news, food offerings and much more. Our website belongs to the company SARL La Bastide de Biot, société à responsabilité limité au capital de 5 000 €, immatriculée au Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés de Grasse, sous le n° 823 751 045, et dont le n° de TVA intracommunautaire est FR 55 823 751 045
When you access our website and use our services, you confirm that you have read and understood the present confidentiality policy, as well the techniques described in this document that we use to gather and process data.
This confidentiality policy was last updated on 27 June 2018. We may make changes to this policy in the future. We invite you to check it regularly so that you remain informed of any future updates.
This confidentiality policy describes our policy and techniques for collecting, using and transferring your personal data.
We are aware of the fact that you show a great deal of trust in us when you provide us with information online. We therefore conduct these procedures with the utmost respect.
The term “personal data” refers to all information that, when collected and stored, can be used to identify you personally, such as name, email address, date of birth, payment information, language, and reservation details, as well as any other information about yourself that you send us via our site.
This Data Protection Charter forms part of the general conditions that govern the hotel services we provide. In accepting our general conditions, you explicitly accept the conditions of this Charter.
Collection of your personal data
To enhance our services and make them easier to use, we collect and process personal data in various ways. We may collect the personal data that you send to us directly, but we may also keep a record of the way you use our services, for instance via the cookies on our website.
The data collected on this site will be used by La Bastide de Biot LLC which is authorised to store these data in its system.
The personal data that we collect about you may include the following (this list is not exhaustive): your name, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, survey responses, reservation details and any other personal information that you send us via our site, as well as your IP address and your Internet browser.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal data, if you so wish. However, as a general rule, you will have to provide us with certain personal information in order to use our site’s various services.
• Information provided by you: as stated below, we collect and store the information you send to us, be this via our website or by any other means.
• Information relating to third parties: if you enter someone else’s details and reservation information into our site in order to make a reservation on their behalf labastidedebiot.fr, you will have to provide their personal data. You must therefore obtain their consent before giving us their personal data.
• Information obtained by other means: we may regularly obtain your personal data from affiliated entities, commercial partners and independent third parties. We may add this data to the information that we already hold about you.
We are working with both current partners and potential future partners to personalise and improve your experience on our site, following the techniques described in the present confidentiality policy.
Automatic information collection by Google Analytics: we automatically collect certain information about your computer or mobile device when you visit labastidedebiot.fr. For example, we collect information relating to your browsing session, such as your IP address, your Internet browser and your reference site domain name. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as the content you looked at, the webpages you visited and the reservations you made. We collect this information automatically so that we can better understand your interests and preferences and personalise your site experience accordingly.
Types of personal data collected
Since you are a client of La Bastide de Biot LLC, we will regularly ask for information about you and/or your family members, such as:
• your details: surname, first name, phone number, email address…
• personal data: nationality, date of birth, gender…
• information about your children: first name, age, date of birth…
• your payment card number: when paying for your reservation
• your arrival and departure dates
• your interests and preferences
• your questions/comments, during or after a stay in one of our establishments
Only the name, nationality and date of birth of children under 18 will be collected. They can only be provided to us by an adult. Please ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your permission (especially online).
We do not voluntarily collect sensitive personal data such as race or ethnicity, political views, beliefs, religion, details of union membership, medical records or sexual orientation.
When do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data at various points, such as:
1. Hotel activities:
• When you reserve a room
• When you check in and payt
• When you make a purchase at the hotel restaurant or bar during your stay
• When you make a request, complaint and/or legal claim
2. When you take part in one of our marketing programmes or offerings:
• When you fill out a satisfaction questionnaire
• When you take part in online competitions or games
• When you subscribe to our newsletter to receive offers and promotions via email
3. When we receive information about you from third parties:
• Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, others…
4. Online activities:
• When you visit the site Luzgrandhotel.fr (IP address, cookies)
• When you fill out an online data collection form (online reservation, questionnaires, labastidedebiot social network pages…)
Use of your personal data
We collect your personal data in order to:
1. Fulfil our obligations to our clients.
2. Manage room reservations:
3. Manage your hotel experience:
4. Improve our services:
5. Manage client relations before, during and after your stay:
6. Cross-check the data we collected when you made your reservation, with analysis of these data performed by a trusted third party, in order to determine your centres of interest and your client profile and so create personalised offers for you.
7. Improve the service provided by La Bastide de Biot LLC:
8. Ensure that the website labastidedebiot.fr is user-friendly and secure:
9. Comply with local regulations (keeping accounting records)
The third parties with whom we share your personal data
La Bastide de Biot LLC may share your information with other groups, be they other companies belonging to the group or independent third parties. For example, if we sell or divest some or all of our business and your personal data is connected to the part of our business that has been sold or divested, or if we merge with another company, your personal data will be shared with the new owner of our business or the other company involved in the merger.
Furthermore, if we are required by law to do so, we will share your personal data in order to protect our clients, our site, our business, our rights and/or our ownership.
• Third-party providers offering services or functionalities on our behalf, such as commercial analysis, payment processing, marketing and fraud prevention.
• Commercial partners with whom we offer joint products or services.
• Affiliated websites. If you are redirected to labastidedebiot.fr from another website, we have the right to share your registration information with this website, including your name, postal and email address phone number and travel preferences. We recommend that you check the confidentiality policy of all websites that redirect you to labastidedebiot.fr.
• Companies belonging to our group. We may share your personal data with the other companies belonging to our group SFH, and with our parent societies and affiliated companies and websites. This sharing of your data allows us to provide you with information about products and services (related to travel or otherwise) that we think will interest you, depending on your marketing preferences. If our parent company or affiliated companies receive your personal data, they will act in accordance with policies at least as restrictive as this confidentiality policy.
Your information may be shared if, at our sole discretion, we believe that this is necessary:
• To allow us to comply with a legitimate and enforceable subpoena, a court order or any other legal procedure
• To investigate or take action against any illegal or suspected illegal activity or to prevent such activity; to protect and defend the rights, property and safety of La Bastide de Biot LLC, of our clients and of others; and in accordance with our conditions of use and other agreements; or
• In accordance with business transactions such as divestitures, mergers, asset consolidations or sales, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Duration of data retention
Your data will be stored only for as long as they are necessary for the purposes for which we collected them, such as all legal or accounting requirements and all legal accountability obligations.
Cookies and other online technology
1) Cookies :
We collect your data via cookies and other similar techniques (Web beacons). Cookies are small text files that are automatically downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are stored on your web browser. These cookies contain basic information about your Internet use. Every time you visit our website, your browser sends these cookies to the site so that we can recognise your computer or mobile device and personalise and improve your experience on our site.
Use of the site labastidedebiot.fr will result in the installation of cookies on the user’s computer. If you refuse these cookies, you may be unable to access certain services.
However, La Bastide de Biot LLC is not in charge of publishing on these other sites and so cannot control their content. Therefore, La Bastide de Biot LLC can in no way be held responsible for the content of the sites accessible via these hyperlinks, nor for the collection or transfer of personal data, cookie installation or any other similar procedure that may be carried out by these sites.
If you subscribe to our electronic newsletter, you consent to the storage of your title, surname, first name, email address, phone number, gender and city of residence (Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1 of the GDPR). These data are not transferred to third parties. You can cancel your subscription to our newsletter at any time with future effect (see note in the newsletter).
3) Links to social media sites
Our website has links to our various social media pages. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you will leave our website, and so this confidentiality policy will no longer apply. On social networking sites, only the confidentiality policy and conditions of use of each respective social network apply.
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act No.78-17 of 6 January 1978, site users have the right to oppose this data collection (under Article 38), and to access (Article 39), modify (Article 40) and/or delete their personal data. Each user can request that all inaccurate data be modified, completed, updated or deleted.
In accordance with current law, you have the right to access, modify, or delete your data, the right to limit its use, the right to data portability and the right of objection to its use. Below, you will find more details and information about the ways in which you can exercise your rights. We will normally respond to your claim within a month, but we have the right to extend this to three months if necessary.
In accordance with current law, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
• The right to request access to your personal data
• The right to request correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate
• The right to delete your personal data
• The right to oppose the use of your data
• The right to request limitations on use of your personal data
• The right to data portability
The user can exercise the above rights, with proof of their identity, by contacting the hotel’s head office. The information you provide will be used by La Bastide de Biot LLC for administrative and commercial purposes. No personal data relating to a user of labastidedebiot.fr is published, exchanged, transferred, conveyed or sold to a third party by any means without that user’s knowledge.
Protection of your personal data
We want users of labastidedebiot.fr to feel that they can trust us, and so we are committed to protecting the personal data that we collect. Although no website can guarantee total security, we have put appropriate physical, administrative, technical and organisational measures in place
Data about minors
As a website aimed at the general public, «Site_internet» does not offer services for children. We do not knowingly collect data about minors.
Our website may contain links to other websites, as well as plug-ins and third party applications. If you visit other websites via the links on our site, the operators of these sites may collect or share your personal data. These data will be used by these operators in accordance with their confidentiality policy, which may differ from ours.
However, La Bastide de Biot LLC is not in charge of publishing on these other sites and so cannot control their content. Therefore, La Bastide de Biot can in no way be held responsible for the content of the sites accessible via these hyperlinks, nor for the collection, transfer or disclosure of personal data, cookie installation or any other similar procedure that may be carried out by these sites.
Your personal data may be transferred outside the EEA and stored in other countries, for the purposes indicated in this confidentiality policy.
When you use our services, you confirm your understanding that your personal data may be transferred to our sites and the third parties with whom we share them, as stated in the present confidentiality policy.
Changes to this confidentiality policy
La Bastide de Biot LLC may modify, update and/or replace this confidentiality policy. We will always indicate the date on which the present confidentiality policy was last updated. We therefore advise you to check this policy regularly so that you remain aware of any changes.
How to contact us
For any question or complaint regarding the way in which we use your data, please send us an email at email@example.com. We ask you to contact us before contacting the supervisory authority so that we have the chance to respond to your concerns directly.
Our contact details are as follows:
La Bastide de Biot
2431 route de Cagnes Le Mas des Cyprès Vence
SOCRI PROMOTIONS – SFH
2431 route de cagnes
06142 VENCE Cedex
Call recording and monitoring
Please note that your phone calls to us, or ours to you, may be recorded. We may use these recordings to improve the quality of the service we provide to our clients, to check the accuracy and coherence of the information we provide to you, to prevent fraud or to train our staff. We will keep these recordings for as long as is reasonably necessary to carry out these operations effectively, and then we will delete them. Any personal data you give us during the call will be treated in accordance with this confidentiality policy.
©2018 LaBastidedeBiot LLC. All rights reserved